The Baraka Institute is a project of The Threshold Society (which is legally incorporated as Alif International, a 5013c non-profit).
The Principles behind our incorporation were stated in 1985:
At a time when humanity is reaching a point of cultural convergence, ecological crisis, and rapid social change, we wish to facilitate the experience of Divine unity, love and wisdom in the world.
Our main objectives shall be:
- to promote the truth of Divine love and knowledge through direct, personal experience,
- to express and share the essential principles of spiritual development,
- to recognize and develop a true partnership of man and woman,
- to recognize the unity and interdependence of all human beings and all life,
- to aid in the practical realization of living in harmony with our fellow beings and the natural world.
Our principal means shall be:
- to develop educational programs in spiritual psychology and practice,
- to sponsor intercultural retreats in various locations around the world,
- to publish books and periodicals that further the purposes mentioned above,
- and to facilitate the travel and exchange between cultures of people of wisdom and knowledge.